Four boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 small white onion, sliced
- 6 raw carrots, peeled and chopped
- 6 red potatoes, chopped
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 can organic cream of mushroom soup (like Amy’s or if you’re diary-free try Imagine)
- Place chicken breasts in the crockpot with onion, carrots, red potatoes and two garlic cloves. Cover with chicken broth, cream of mushroom soup and black pepper. Add in sliced mushrooms the last hour of cooking.
- Cook on Low for 7 hours (or on High for 3 ½ ). Serve 1 chicken breast with a little of each vegetable.
Note: I like to start my meal with a mixed greens sala