This Almond Coconut Drop Biscuits recipe produces a flaky, crumbly, scrumptious, and lower-carb biscuit. When you bake them, leave a comment to let me know what you think!
- 2 tablespoons coconut butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, solid
- 2 and 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- 3/4 cup plain unsweetened Greek yogurt or non-dairy yogurt
- 1 large egg, beaten (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine the coconut butter and coconut oil in a small bowl and chill in the freezer for about 5 minutes.
- In a medium mixing bowl or food processor, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Add the chilled coconut butter and coconut oil and cut in using a pastry blender if doing by hand, until a meal forms. Add in the yogurt and form the dough into a ball.
- Use an ice cream scooper to make 8 drop biscuits and place on the parchment lined baking sheet.
- Using a pastry brush, lightly coat the top of each biscuit with the beaten egg (optional).
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes until golden brown.