I love to cook sheet tray dinners. They are super-fast with little cleanup. Perfect for a weeknight meal. This recipe highlights two of my favorite Fall vegetables, sweet potatoes and brussels sprouts. Enjoy!
Makes 4 Servings
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups brussels sprouts, cleaned and sliced in half
- 4 sweet potatoes, sliced into wedges
- 1/2 cup favorite BBQ sauce
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil or grapeseed oil, divided
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a silk pad.
- Brush each chicken with ½ the BBQ sauce on both sides. Place to one side of the sheet tray.
- Drizzle the potatoes with 1 tablespoon of oil and sprinkle with chili powder and salt. Use tongs to toss the potatoes so each piece is evenly coated and place in the middle of the sheet tray.
- Drizzle the brussels sprouts with 1 tablespoon of oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Use tongs to toss the sprouts so each piece is evenly coated and place on the other side of the sheet tray.
- Place the sheet stray in the oven and roast until the chicken is completely cooked through and reads an internal temperature of 160 degrees, and the brussels sprouts and potato wedges are tender and charred in spots, approximately 25 minutes.
- Brush chicken with remaining BBQ sauce before serving.
Note that you may flip chicken breasts and potato wedges halfway through for more even cooking.