Egg muffins (or crustless quiches) make the perfect quick meal on the go. You can pack them with your favorite vegetable combinations, making it a healthy way to start your day.
Makes 6 Servings
- 4 slices turkey bacon
- 12 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 small yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 pound kale, stems removed and roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons parsley, minced
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silk pad. Cook turkey bacon for 15 minutes, flipping half way through. Chop into bite size pieces.
- In a medium skillet, heat 1 tablespoon avocado oil and sauté the onions until lightly caramelized. Add in the kale to wilt, approximately 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Grease a 12-cup muffin pan with cooking spray or line it with parchment paper muffin cups. Evenly divide the onion and kale mixture, tomatoes and turkey bacon. Pour the egg mixture into the muffin pan, dividing evenly among the cups.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes on 350°F, until the eggs are set.
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. Note that you can freeze left-overs in a freezer-safe zip-lock bag for up to three months. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator and then microwave in the morning for a quick breakfast on the go!