Make this Blueberry Morning Oats recipe the night before so you have an instant power breakfast in the morning! (You can also make this recipe in the morning with cooked oats.) Oats are a gluten-free grain that can help lower blood sugar levels, reduce the risk of heart disease, and keep you feeling full until lunch. Blueberries are packed with antioxidants and are high in potassium and vitamin C. Your day will be off to a good start after this meal!
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/2 cup frozen wild blueberries
- 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk or non-dairy milk
- 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla yogurt, Greek yogurt, or low-fat cottage cheese
- 1 tablespoon healthy fat (i.e., flaxseed, walnuts, chia seeds, almond slivers)
- Add oatmeal to a bowl with frozen blueberries and milk, let soak overnight. (You can also skip this step and just cook the oatmeal, milk, and berries together in the morning.)
- Stir in the yogurt or cottage cheese. 3. Top with a healthy fat and enjoy!
Note if you have a nut allergy, substitute with oat milk and top with flaxseeds.