In the summer nothing beats a cooling afternoon treat! Save a few calories and have some FUN by freezing your own Popsicles!! You can easily buy Popsicle Molds online or at your local grocery store. Here’s a few simple recipes to get you started:
Orange Creamsicle Pops
- 1 cup frozen orange juice concentrate
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- 3 Tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a blender combine frozen orange juice concentrate, water, Greek yogurt, honey and vanilla extract.
- Pour mixture into Popsicle molds, insert stick and freeze until solid (about 3-4 hours).
Blackberry, Vanilla and Chocolate Popsicles
- 2 cups blackberries
- 6 Tablespoons honey, divided
- 1 vanilla bean, halved and seeds removed, divided
- 1 can (13.05 oz.) full-fat coconut milk, divided
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (use carob if sharing with your pup!)
- In a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, combine blackberries, 1 Tablespoon water, 2 Tablespoons honey and half of the vanilla seeds. Simmer, stirring slowly for 3-5 minutes. Mash the berries with a spatula as they cook.
- Set aside and strain through a fine-mesh sieve into a pitcher or bowl, pressing hard with the spatula to extract all liquid and discard solids. Set liquid aside.
- In a small sauce pan over medium-low heat, combine 2/3 cup coconut milk with remaining vanilla seeds and 2 Tablespoon honey. Simmer stirring constantly 2-3 minutes until blended. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- In a small sauce pan over medium-low heat combine the remaining 1 ¼ cups coconut milk, cocoa powder and remaining 2 Tablespoons honey. Simmer, stirring constantly 2-3 minutes until blended through. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Fill pop molds 1/3 full with blackberry compote; freeze 30 minutes.
- Fill another 1/3 with coconut mixture; freeze 30 minutes more.
- Fill to top with chocolate coconut mixture. Insert sticks and freeze 3-4 hours until solid.
- Run molds under hot water to loosen poops before serving.