Pumpkin is one of my favorite Fall foods to add to your diet. It is loaded with carotenoids and vitamin C so it boosts your immunity. Plus, it is full of fiber which supports your GI system and keeps you satiated between meals. Chia seeds are also a great source of Omega-3 fatty acids, and this recipe is a simple breakfast that you can prepare the night before for an easy, nutritious morning.
Makes 1 Serving
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- 3/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch sea salt
- Pinch cinnamon
- In a mason jar or glass bowl, combine the chia seeds with the almond milk, pumpkin puree, pumpkin spice, vanilla extract, and sea salt. Whisk well, making sure all the seeds are incorporated. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Enjoy with a pinch of cinnamon on top.