Pumpkin is one of my favorite Fall mascots. It packs a lot of immune supporting nutrients, so it is perfect to add to your diet at the start of cold and flu season. Oats and pumpkin are also a great combination for weight management because both foods are full of fiber which supports a healthy GI system and keeps you satiated between meals. Simply prepare this recipe the night before and top it with your favorite seasonal toppings.
Makes 1 Serving
- 1/3 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/3 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- ¼ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseeds
- 1 tablespoon hemp seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin blend
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Apples or banana slices
- Pumpkin seeds or almond slivers
- Peanut butter or almond butter
- Cinnamon or pumpkin spice
- Place oats, almond milk, pumpkin purée, flax seeds, hemp seeds, pumpkin spice, cinnamon, in a Mason jar. Mix thoroughly to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
Enjoy with your favorite toppings. My husband John recommends apples, peanut butter, and cinnamon.