This Spinach Orzo Risotto dinner recipe is the perfect side for your summer BBQ or an easy weeknight meal with fish or chicken. You can also add longer-cooking vegetables to the base such as carrots, bell peppers, or cauliflower.
Makes 4 Servings
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2/3 cup dry orzo pasta
- 1 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups spinach
- Heat a large saucepan over medium-high heat, add olive oil and sauté onions until translucent. Add garlic and cook until it’s fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add orzo and stir to coat.
- Add chicken stock, bring to a boil, and then reduce to a simmer. Simmer, stirring frequently until most of the liquid is absorbed. About 10-15 minutes.
- Wilt in the spinach.
- Remove from heat and stir in cheese, salt, and pepper.
This recipe is from my well-being retreat at Canyon Ranch.