Makes 1 Serving
- 2 eggs (or 1 egg and 2 egg-whites)
- 1 tablespoon grass-fed butter or ghee
- ¼ cup diced multi-colored bell peppers
- ¼ cup mushrooms, sliced
- ¼ cup medium tomatoes, diced
- 2 tablespoons cheddar cheese or vegan cream cheese (optional)
- 1 tablespoon, fresh chives
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk the eggs until they become frothy.
- Heat a small nonstick pan over medium heat. Add ½ the butter and allow to foam.
- Sauté the vegetables until they are lightly cooked. Remove from pan and set on a plate.
- Add the remaining butter to the pan. Once it melts, add the whisked eggs, stirring until they start to set.
- Once the eggs start to set, sprinkle your sautéed vegetables and cheese in the middle of the omelet.
- Fold the omelet in half and transfer to a plate.