As we all adjust to our home quarantine, it may be tempting to focus on the things that you feel you’re giving up. Instead, take a moment to reflect on all the things that you have gained. For instance, maybe you’re spending quality time with your spouse, children and puppy. You picked up that book you bought a year ago and haven’t made time to enjoy. You’re getting back into your fitness routine and cooking nutritious meals. You might even have tried that meditation app you downloaded ages ago. There’s always a silver lining in every situation and in times like these it’s important to focus on the joys in your life.
I encourage everyone to sit quietly alone and make a list of all the good things about being in your quarantine. Revisit this list every day to brighten your mood and keep you mentally focused on the things that really matter to you.
Here’s a snippet of my list:
- The best part of working from home is my fabulous assistants Gatsby and Daisy. They always make me smile and ease my anxiety.
- I feel so grateful to have my husband John in my life. This situation exemplifies the meaning of “in good times and in bad.” #teamwork
- I’m finally reorganizing my closet and Spring cleaning. It’s only been on my to-do list since last year! Ha!
- I have more time to check in on my clients and blog within my Erin Clifford Wellness community.
- I’m having fun experimenting in the kitchen with no time restraints.
- It’s such a nice break from my hectic schedule. The last few months have been filled with commitments and events.
- I’m able to catch up on my binge-watching and pleasure reading.
Now I ask you, what positive things are coming from your quarantine?