- ½ cup veal or beef demi-glace
- 2 tsp. truffle oil
- 1 tsp. cornstarch (optional)
- 1 pound dry-aged beef tenderloin, cut into filets
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of pepper
- ¼ tsp. canola oil
- In a small saucepan, combine the demi-glace with truffle oil. Bring to a boil and mix well. If thickening is necessary, combine cornstarch with an equal amount of water and add to sauce. Simmer 1 minute or until thickened.
- Preheat oven to 400. Lightly season the beef tenderloin filets with salt and pepper.
- Spray a sauté pan with a small amount of canola oil. Heat pan over medium heat until hot. Sear tenderloin fillets in sauté pan until brown on each side. Transfer to a baking pan, place in oven and roast to desired temperature.
- Top 1 beef tenderloin with 2 Tbsp. truffle jus and serve over ¼ cup of mashed cauliflower and a steamed green vegetable like asparagus or green beans.
For Mashed Cauliflower:
- 1 pound chopped cauliflower
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1 tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- In a medium saucepan, combine 1 quart water and cauliflower. Bring to a boil and cook for 15 to 20 minutes until cauliflower is tender. Turn off the heat and drain cauliflower. Add the cauliflower back into warm saucepan and let sit for 1 to 2 minutes to dry cauliflower.
- Place cauliflower into mixing bowl and add remaining ingredients. Beat with electric mixer until fluffy.
- Makes 8 (1/4 cup) servings.
From the Canyon Ranch Kitchen