Slow Cooker Chicken ParmesanErin Clifford Wellness
- Four boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 jar marinara sauce (preferably organic with minimal sugar)
- 1 box whole-wheat penne or spaghetti pasta
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 4 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Place four boneless skinless chicken breasts in the crockpot and cover with 1 jar of marinara sauce. Cook on High for 3 ½ – 4 hours.
- Before the chicken is done (half hour), cook one box of whole-wheat pasta. Add in two cups of fresh broccoli florets the last three minutes of cooking and drain.
- Place 1 slice of part-skim mozzarella cheese over each breast and let it melt in the crockpot.
- Serve 1 chicken breast over about 1 ½ cups of the pasta-broccoli mix.