I love to make protein bites for a quick healthy snack on the go. I created these bites to be a beauty hack from the inside out. Cashews contain minerals that are great for your skin. The Omega-3 fats in the flaxseeds and walnuts reduce those pesky wrinkles we all get from aging and improve your overall brain health. Plus, the bites are full of protein and fiber so they will give you energy and curb cravings until your next meal.
This recipe will yield 12 servings (24 protein balls).
- ½ cup unsweetened cashew butter
- ¼ cup mini carob chips
- 1 cup old fashioned oats (gluten-free)
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseeds
- 2 tablespoons walnuts, chopped
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Dash of salt
- Stir all the ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Place the bowl in the refrigerator for 15 minutes so the mixture becomes firmer and easier to scoop into a ball.
- Use a tablespoon cookie scoop (or spoon) and form the mixture into balls by rolling the mixture with your hands. Place balls on a cookie sheet to set.
- Store in the refrigerator for 1 week in an airtight container or freeze for up to one month by wrapping two bites together (one serving) in plastic wrap and then place the servings into a freezer tight bag.