These vegetable “fries” are crunchy, tasty, and a healthier alternative to regular potato fries. The mixture of carrots and green beans in this recipe are a good source of beta-carotene and vitamin A (from the carrots) and Vitamin C (from the green beans) plus dietary fiber and potassium, which both of them contain.
Makes 6 Servings
- 2 cups carrots, cut into fry shapes similar to the green beans in size
- 2 cups whole green beans
- 1 1/2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Turn on the broiler and toss the vegetables: Preheat the broiler. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. In a large bowl, toss the carrots, green beans, oil, salt, and pepper.
- Fill the baking sheet: Spread the carrots and green beans in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet.
- Broil: Broil for about 7 minutes, turning once hallway through the cooking time, these are best right out of the oven.