In this Portobello Turkey Burgers recipe, we replace traditional burger buns with grilled portobello mushroom caps.
Makes 4 Servings
- 1 pound ground turkey breast
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon parsley, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 Portobello mushrooms, washed and stems removed
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 4 Boston lettuce leaves
- In a small sauté pan, sauté onions in 1 tablespoon of avocado oil until translucent/ soft. Add garlic the last minute of cooking. Let cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the ground turkey, onions, garlic, parsley, salt, and pepper.
- Shape into 4 burgers. Place on a plate in the fridge for 30 minutes to set.
- Rub the rest of the avocado oil on the portobello mushrooms and season with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Heat a grill and cook the Portobello mushroom slices and turkey burgers until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
- Serve each turkey burger in between two Portobello mushroom slices, topped with tomato, lettuce, and your favorite condiments. Serve with a mixed greens side salad and ECW Vinaigrette Dressing.