Makes 1 Serving
- 1/3 avocado
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Salt and red pepper to taste
- 1 slice sprouted grain or sourdough bread, toasted
- 2 eggs (or 1/2 cup egg whites)
- 1 ounce Monterey Jack cheese (optional)
- Mash the avocado in a bowl with 1 teaspoon olive oil, 1 teaspoon lemon juice, salt, and red pepper flakes. Spread the mash evenly on piece of toasted bread.
- Heat 1 teaspoon olive oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Whisk together the eggs and pour over hot skillet. As the eggs begin to set, mix in the cheese, and cook until melted.
- Pour egg mixture over the avocado toast and enjoy.