As a wellness coach, I am continuously expanding upon my knowledge so I can bring the most up to date information to my clients. During quarantine, I completed another nutrition certification through Precision Nutrition, one of the industry’s top nutrition education programs. What I loved about the program, aside from acquiring super science-based knowledge about nutrition and the body, is that the experts who designed the course understand that everyone reacts differently to food and therefore nutritional coaching should not be a one-size-fits-all model.
Their approach also advocates for making small lifestyle adjustments that add up over time, which is a methodology that I believe in and have utilized for all my clients who are seeking weight loss and/or a healthier lifestyle.
Start your wellness journey today by incorporating a 5-minute action into your daily routine.
- Choose a simple action that you can easily implement into your routine. Repeated actions turn into habits.
- Choose one action to focus on for a week or two. Master this action until it becomes a habit and then add on a new action. Think of it as Building Your Health House.
- Keep track of your action and check it off your list every day.
- Consistency is key. The goal is to follow through on your action every day as you do with brushing your teeth.
- If you have a setback, immediately move on and get back to incorporating your daily action. Remember the goal is progress not perfection.
Here are 5-minute actions to get you started.
- Walk for 5 minutes a day outside, around your house or on the treadmill.
- Make and replace one meal a day with a vegetable packed salad.
- Begin your day by drinking a cup of warm lemon water to jumpstart your metabolism and increase your immunity.
- Make and replace one meal a day with a green smoothie.
- Log in your food and drink intake in a journal or app like MyFitnessPal.
- Take your supplements and medications as directed.
- Fill a water bottle up, drink it, and then re-fill it to carry with you throughout your day.
- Workout for 5 minutes a day whether at home, outside or in your office. You can even use your own body weight (push-ups, tricep-dips, squats) or resistance bands.
- Stretch, foam roll, or practice yoga poses to recharge.
- Create a pause in your day to meditate.
- Spend 5-minutes journaling your goals or just brain dumping what’s going on in your head.
- Begin a gratitude journal and write down 5 things you are grateful for to start or end your day.
Let me help you be your best self!
As a certified Holistic Health Coach, I feel confident that I can help any client take their health and wellness to the next level. I’m available for one-on-one coaching, group coaching, lifestyle seminars, and corporate coaching, in-person or virtually through webinars. Get in touch with me today!